INSTRUCTIONS: Make sure to follow the directions in order.
- First, provide a definition of the terms: “conceptual definition” and “operational definition”.
- Next, conceptualize and operationalize the variable “race.”
- Read the Census Bureau’s report on race. (https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2011/dec/c2010br-02.pdf.)
- Answer the following questions after reading the report:
- What changes did the Bureau make to the conceptualization and operationalization of race in the 2010 census?
- Why did the Bureau make these changes?
- Could the difference in operationalization produce different conclusions about race?
- Does the Bureau’s conceptualization and operationalization of race coincide with yours? If so, how? If not, what is different?
Answer the above questions