Creating a Plan of Care
Utilizing the information you have gathered over the weeks regarding the specific illness group you identified, this week, you will create a plan of care for your chronic illness group.
Create the plan in a 4- to 6-page Microsoft Word document (the 4–6 pages include the holistic care plan). Include the following in your plan:
- Start the paper with a brief introduction describing the chronically ill group you selected and provide rationale for selecting this illness and the participants. Clearly identify the Healthy People 2020 topic chosen and why this topic was chosen.
- You will want to compile the information gathered from Weeks 1–4 over 2 to 3 pages. This should be in APA format and paragraph form. This is not to be copied and pasted from previous assignments. It is to be a summary of each week.
- The paper should include the care plan for your chronic illness group organized under the following headings:
- Nursing Diagnoses
- Assessment Data (objective and subjective)
- Interview Results
- Desired Outcomes
- Evaluation Criteria
- Actions and Interventions
- Evaluation of Patient Outcomes
- You will need to ensure that the care plan is holistic and includes at least 3 nursing diagnoses related to the topic and interview results from the previous weeks.
- Include strategies for the family or caregiver in the care plan and provide your rationale on how they will work.
- Include a reference page to provide reference for all citations for the paper as well as the care plan.
Expert Solution Preview
To create a plan of care for a chronic illness group, I would begin by selecting a specific chronically ill group and providing a rationale for choosing this group and the participants. It is important to clearly identify the Healthy People 2020 topic that has been chosen and explain why this particular topic was selected.
Next, I would compile the information gathered from Weeks 1 to 4 of the course, summarizing the key findings in APA format and paragraph form. This summary should not simply be copied and pasted from previous assignments, but rather should provide a concise overview of the information gathered from each week.
The care plan for the chronic illness group should be organized under specific headings. These headings should include:
1. Nursing Diagnoses: Identify at least three nursing diagnoses that are related to the chosen topic and the specific chronic illness group. These diagnoses should accurately reflect the needs and challenges faced by individuals in this group.
2. Assessment Data (objective and subjective): Provide a comprehensive overview of the assessment data collected from the chronic illness group. This should include both objective data (such as laboratory results, vital signs, etc.) and subjective data (information provided by the individuals themselves).
3. Interview Results: Summarize the key findings from the interviews conducted with individuals from the chronic illness group. This should provide insights into the experiences, challenges, and needs of these individuals.
4. Desired Outcomes: Clearly articulate the desired outcomes for the care plan. These outcomes should be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART).
5. Evaluation Criteria: Define the criteria that will be used to evaluate the effectiveness of the care plan. This should include both objective criteria (e.g., improvement in laboratory results) and subjective criteria (e.g., improved quality of life).
6. Actions and Interventions: Outline the specific actions and interventions that will be implemented to address the nursing diagnoses and achieve the desired outcomes. These actions and interventions should be evidence-based and tailored to the unique needs of the chronic illness group.
7. Evaluation of Patient Outcomes: Describe how the patient outcomes will be evaluated and measured. This should include a plan for ongoing monitoring and assessment to track progress and make any necessary adjustments to the care plan.
Additionally, it is important to include strategies for the family or caregiver in the care plan. These strategies should be specifically designed to support and empower the family or caregiver in their role. Providing a rationale for these strategies is essential to demonstrate the importance and effectiveness of their inclusion.
Finally, a reference page should be included to provide citations for all sources used in the paper, including both the written content and the care plan.
By following these guidelines, a comprehensive and holistic plan of care can be developed for a chronic illness group, taking into account the specific needs and challenges faced by these individuals.